Sunday, July 11, 2010

AM Quarter 2 Assignment 1 Blocking

The lecture this week was done by Dimos Vrysellas, an animator who approaches 3D animation like it was 2D and called all the key poses "drawings." He also didn't time his keys but just did them one after another until he had them all down.This is a good way to do it with pose theory where one pose needs to flow into another. It helped me to simply focus on the poses and not really worry about the timing yet. I found this method worked really well for me and it also helped me to realize where I needed more breakdowns before I started with the timing. It also lead to cleaner poses. I then spaced out all the key frames by 4 and played that. The timing wasn't correct but I just changed some things to be faster and other things to be slower until it felt right. This method worked really well for me and I hope it leads to simpler clean up and better animation as I progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment