Sunday, November 21, 2010

AM Q3 ASN3 Blocking01

I really love blocking. It is my favorite part of animation, probably because I haven't figured out how to clean up my animations very well yet. As always my reference was not honest enough, next time I have to make sure I have everything that I am going to use in my animation on hand before I start planning so it is as honest as possible.

What I did to make the animation more honest was duct tape a varnish spray can on to one of my cheaper hats (not going to ruin my nice bowler hat) and used that as a proxy for my drinking horn. I knew I couldn't really tape my horn on my head it is way too heavy to stand up properly and to be pulled off multiple times. I had a lot of fun re-shooting my reference and trying to do different and more interesting things to use in my animation. These were the best ones. Though I had a couple that had some better starts that I might want to look at again later.
This week I tried to find stuff to live in my scene and I had trouble finding it for free so I decided to just make it myself and that went pretty well. I had to remake the horns on the helmet so that they could be taken off of the helmet, and it ended up making bigger more intimidating horns so I was pretty happy with that. I'm looking forward to my critique and moving ahead with the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment