Sunday, October 17, 2010

AM Q3 ASN1 Blocking Plus and Beyond!

This week I have been in an animation funk and had trouble getting started in the beginning of the week. Perhaps my inner procrastinator was rearing it's ugly head. But what my goal was, was to get get my animation as far as possible at the very least I wanted final timing and start doing the splining. Which is exactly what I accomplished.

One of my class mates Erik Lee pointed out that I had my viking stepping with the wrong leg when he took his sword swings. he was right and it was the perfect thing to help me fix some issues I was having with the shot. It opened the sword for all these really great big arcs and for more variety in the two swings. Thanks Erik.

After my blocking was done I took it into splines and for the first time it went really smoothly. there are some messy tangents and I need to clean the splines more but for the most part they looked just fine. I focused most of my attention to getting the throw transitions working and to getting the times where he swings the sword across his body to have a nice clean arc. I'm really happy that I was able to get it splined even if it isn't refined more.

I have also proven to myself that I am still capable of pulling an all nighter something my 23 year old self thought I was incapable of anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment