Sunday, August 29, 2010

Animation mentor Q2 ASN3 Backflip Blocking02

After last assignment I was determined to get my blocking in splines this week, so I had more time to clean them up and figure out how to keep nice hold and get smooth splines. Try and get that elusive "A."

This week I decided I wanted to add some work with the hands because nice hand animation always really wows me so I added a brush off after he gets up. I first Shot reference for the end of the shot.
Based off of the reference I drew these panning sketches.

I added these keys to the blocking, which went really smoothly and added a few additional break downs. I had thought it was going to get complicated and messy for some reason, but it was pretty straight forward.


This week I got into refining, I decided to post the stepped key blocking as well as the refining because I think the Blocking looks stronger in stepped keys. Though after I spend some more time cleaning up splines and and working on some of the timing I think it will be pretty good. Though I do like the feel of stepped keys for some reason, feels more like 2d animation which is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment